How can we help?
All needs fall under one or more of these 4 categories:
Spiritual - Emotional - Physical - Financial
At Mercy's Refuge we will bridge the gap and address all of these needs!
According to the ETHNN: these are the areas of greatest need
Earning a living wage and health insurance coverage were identified as the most critical needs in relation to economic wellbeing.
- Indicator: 22% have less than a high school education.
- Need: Acquiring a GED was identified as the top need.
- Indicator: 25% are unemployed.
- Need: Developing computer skills was identified as the top need, followed closely by career and job training and resume writing.
- Indicator: 39% have no healthcare coverage.
- Need: Dental care and eye/vision care were identified as the top two healthcare needs.
In addition, treatment for depression and anxiety were identified as their top mental health needs.
- Indicator: 18% percent are experiencing homelessness with an additional 8% at risk of becoming homeless.
- Need: Affordable housing was identified as the top housing need.
- Indicator: 31% percent do not have a vehicle.
- Need: Getting a driver’s license was identified as the top transportation need.
All indicators combined:
12% of all those interviewed reported facing all five indicators combined: No high school diploma or GED, unemployed, no healthcare coverage, experiencing homelessness, and without a form of transportation.
The top ten overall needs quantified by the Smith County CCNA are:
1. Dental Care
2. Eye/Vision Care
3. Achieving a Living Wage of Income
4. Health Insurance
5. Computer Skills
6. Credit Repair
7. Money for Prescription Medication
8. Have Past Due Bills
9. Resume Writing
10. General Medical Care